At Mod’art, we train the students not only to understand the needs of fashion, but also what makes fashion successful and what do people want.
This course provides an understanding of how the industry views, creativity, and business of Indian Textile. How consumer groups influence and dictate the fashion world. We also assist them in setting up their CV and creating their portfolio.
|Indian Heritage Textile Course|
|What’s in the course?||Indian Heritage Textile Course at Mod’Art, is educating the students about the art in textiles and making a path to create a career. The course will equip students for jobs available in this sector as Assistants in technical setup and studios and will also prepare students for higher studies in the area of Textile Design.|
|What Will You Learn?||
Here, we walk you through a few invaluable art forms that you may have the knowledge of. Also, they gain a sense of the importance of reviving these art forms, which should also be a major thought for students at textiles for fashion courses. In this course you will learn:
1. Introduction to Indian fibers ( cotton, silk, wool, jute)
2. Indian weaves( Benarasi, Jamdani, Paithani, Baluchari, Chanderi, Kanjeevaram)
3. Block printed/ tie-dyed/ painted textiles ( Ajrakh, bandhani, ikat, block-printed)
4. Embroidered, shawls, carpets, durries.
5. Fashion of Indian Royalty